Captain's Log :: Archived in "January 1, 2012"
* You have a shiner dangling from your rear view mirrow because you think it makes a good air freshener.
* Your wedding party had to tie tin cans to the back of your whaler.
* You call your boat "sweetheart" and your wife "grady"
* Hiller's Sport shop has your credit card number on file.
* You keep a ugly stick by your favorite chair to change the tv channels with.
* You get 40 to life because...
Categories: Captain John's Log
By John M. Malatak, Chief, Program Operations, U.S. Coast Guard, Boating Safety Division
I love boating in the fall. The colors of the trees lining the shore of the Potomac River, where I do most of my boating, are bursting with bright yellows, brilliant oranges and deep reds. The slight nip in the air mixed with...
Categories: A view from the helm