Navigating the Norwalk Islands
Why Use REX?
Since 1936, the Gardella family has been providing mariners in the Norwalk and surrounding coastal Long Island Sound areas with the very best in products and service.
We are proud of that experience and offer this “Beginner” course developed by our on-staff USCG and State of Connecticut DEP certified instructors to share with you our knowledge. You will learn hands on, the skills that are used by seasoned Norwalk area boaters to safely navigate and deal with situations found in and around our area and Long Island Sound in a much more proficient way. There are many courses out there for the novice boater to become familiar with the state regulations, but very few that deal with the more advanced scenarios that one can only learn through the local knowledge and experience of a seasoned Norwalk Island Captain.
It is often said “If you can boat in Norwalk, you can boat anywhere”. This course will not only help you to avoid costly mistakes will help you make informed decisions when you need it most. You have invested a great deal of time and money into your boat, you want to insure you can handle whatever the seas throw your way and keep your crew safe on your voyages.
Our Mission Statement
•To provide the novice boater with instruction on safe boat handling and on water experience.
• To familiarize novice boaters with the characteristics of local waters utilizing the experience of the trained REX staff of instructors.
• To give a level of confidence to our students so that their investment in boating is more valuable.
• Provide a way for our new clients to further their knowledge and experience on the water with a path to becoming a more professional mariner.
• To provide safety classes that are more effective and interesting, thus increasing safety, reducing accidents and damage and protect the value of your purchase.
Student Tuition Starts at $299
Private training on your boat or ours*
* Ask about our charter boat
rates and availability